Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- Optional: 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp Karen Phytoplankton
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sauce pan melt honey and stevia.
- Add coconut and allow to cool (if you are adding the optional hemp hearts, you would add them now)
- Meanwhile, beat egg white and vanilla (lemon juice and zest if using) until peaks form.
- Gently fold coconut mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Using a tbsp, measure out balls of mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, or until the bottoms are brown and the tops have begun to change colour. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a double boiler (or a metal bowl over a boiling saucepan of water) melt dark chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter treat, you can add small amounts of raw local honey to the chocolate.
- Allow to cool slightly, then stir in 1/4 tsp of Karen Phytoplankton.
- Dunk the bottoms of the macaroons into the chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes for macaroons to set. ENJOY!